I’m doing some homework this week on the latest trends in news media innovation in advance of the “Future of Student Media Summit” at Ohio University. I started a list of essays and posts I discovered or liked so much I wanted to re-read. Here’s my list with an assistant from Andy Rossback.
What else should be on this list?
- Blendle: A radical experiment with micropayments in journalism, 365 days later
- Nieman:Is Der Spiegel’s leaked Innovation Report one of the key documents of this (German) media age?
- Will Drabold: College Media Need to Address Challenges, Spur Innovation
- Ken Doctor: The financialization of news is dimming the lights of the local press
- Ken Doctor: The millennial gold rush goes local, in Charlotte
- Duke Reporters’ Lab: Goat Must Be Fed
- Nieman Reports: Breaking News: Mastering the art of disruptive innovation in journalism
Recommendations from college media innovation friends:
- John Geraci: What I Learned from Trying to Innovate at the New York Times
- Matthew C. Cameron: The New News: Changing Organizational Structuresand Business Models of Student Newspapers
- Joshua Benton: The game of concentration: The Internet is pushing the American news business to New York and the coasts
- Friends of the Daily Texan: The Texan: Crisis to Recovery in 12 months
- Fast Company: What BuzzFeed’s Dao Nguyen Knows About Data, Intuition, And The Future Of Media
- Andreessen Horowitz: Advertising vs. micropayments in the age of ad blockers
- Forbes: Why Are Music And Journalism Going In Opposite Directions With Micropayments?
- Creativity, Inc.